Last Friday I promised that there will be a late Five on Friday post for today, but it seems I couldn’t think of a good list to work on. Here’s five reasons why:
- Farewell Dinner. Soulhunter, my good friend from our office and constant boxing mate, is leaving for another company. It was just appropriate for us to have a big, sumptuous dinner with our regular lunchmates, share a few goodbye stories and then some. Though he’ll just be a few minutes away, I know we will all miss him in our workplace. I’ll be reading even more of your blogs now.
- Tulad Ng Dati. I had to rush from the Friday dinner to Megamall to watch “Tulad Ng Dati” with Joey and Jonas. Us being recently nostalgic with our high school batch’s activities, we felt a strong connection with the fictional drama loosely based on the lives of the members of rock legends The Dawn. I think there was at least one scene I felt like crying. Yeah I’m one big crybaby.
- Pisay ’96 Radio. After the movie, we felt the strong urge to proceed with the mini project we planned during our coastal cleanup project: a podcast/radio show! Using the spare pisay96 domain a friend was keeping, www.pisay96.net is now online! And our first stab at online radio/podcasting is now ready for consumption. Promise the next one will be looser and funnier. 😉
- Mizuno Gift Checks. The laugh–til–they–cry ladies of Mobile Philippines, Upper and Eva, gave me complimentary Mizuno gift checks. I had to go all the way to their Magallanes branch this afternoon because the checks were expiring on Monday. Sadly, I couldn’t resist a good pair of sneakers that I ended up coughing up cash to add to the checks.
- Victory dinner. Another high school batchmate is doing something big today: a dinner celebration for passing the bar! Congrats to Atty. RE Ramirez, I’m off to your place in a few minutes!
My list of alibis and excuses for missing the mark, my apologies. I guess there you have it, my Five on Friday list for this week. On a Saturday. 😉