This edition of Five on Friday is ridiculously late it isn’t even within the week it’s supposed to be in! But pardon me, I had too much fun playing with Marc’s Xbox 360 paired with Abe’s 32–inch LCD I totally lost track of time, getting home just minutes before Saturday’s sunrise. Well, the boys were just too preoccupied we didn’t notice pretty much what the girls were doing. I would’ve published this entry yesterday but I was working with Karl & Mimi (with Dax and King) manning the crowd–pleasing clique photobooth.
I’ve been at a lost thinking what topic I’ll be writing on for last Friday’s list (this list you’re reading now), unable to find something not commonly blogged about. So I’ll just talk about things in my pocket!
- Vicks inhaler. If you’ve met me before, you’d have notice that I always have an inhaler in my hands, sniffing at my secret concoction every few minutes. Seriously, I just love the scent of Vicks that I use it even when I don’t have a cold or any other need for it. When I was just a few years old, I used up one large bottle by spreading the gooey stuff all over my parents’ bed! Yes I know, it’s supposedly unhealthy — but what enjoyable thing in life isn’t?
- Lip balm. Working in an air–conditioned office and alternating that with our country’s ever warm and humid weather, my lips are never in their perfect health. Oh I know this sounds metro–sexually vain, but lips always hurt as they dry up quite easily. I’m currently looking for medicated lip balms since regular ChapStick doesn’t help. Anyone?
- Pen. Even in today’s electronically–driven world, you never know when you’ll be needing a good ol’ pen. That’s why I always keep one handy. I used to have a classic Cross and then some Parker ballpoints, but I can’t stop losing them. For some time, I loved the Pilot G–TEC C4. Extra fine tip yet still producing very even black strokes. Recently though, I’m using more of the Pilot G–2 and the G–2 ex (Q7 in other markets), and also the Uni–ball 207 which is comparably good, but seems to use a lighter pigment that results in gray writing, unlike the Pilot’s dark blacks.
- Swiss knife. Being a big MacGyver fan, a swiss army knife is an essential in my lifestyle. Kuno. I use mine everyday to open my can of tuna for lunch. I also attached a button–type LED flashlight at its end so its more useful than it typically is. I use the Victorinox Tinker which has the exact tools I frequently use.
- Mobile phone. These days, who doesn’t keep a phone in their pocket? I still thrive on my beat–up Nokia 6230i though regularly think about going back to Ericsson mobiles. The T68 immediately comes to mind. Unfortunately, no specific model is good enough for my needs. Everything is at least 10,000 pesos away yet still a compromise in terms of features.
How about you, what do you usually have in your pocket?